Friday, December 31, 2010

Ready for a New Year

Well, I don't know if I'm really ready or not, but it doesn't matter because it's almost here either way.  ; )  I have been thinking on and off this week about what I want to do next year.  Not resolutions, really, just things I want to do.  I'm sure I could come up with a really long list if I sat down and really thought about it, but I just wanted to share a few of the most important things.  In no particular order -

* Read more.  I used to read a lot, not so much anymore.  Adults have less free time, I suppose, and more demands on it.  Remember when you were a kid and you thought when you were grown up you could always do just whatever you wanted?  Yeah, I wish!

* Write more.  Especially here, but could also be journaling or maybe even actually starting to write some of the stories in my head.  Which have been there forever.  Wouldn't that be something!

* Take more pictures!  And share them!

* Start dressing my truth, and more importantly, LIVING it. 

* Keep my etsy shop stocked.  I have an idea for what I'm hoping will be my main product line, so watch for that to be coming in January!

* Most of all - STRESS LESS, ENJOY MORE.   That applies to everything, and it's a tall order, and it won't happen all at once.  But I think it's a good one.  ; )

I guess I also want to look back a little bit at some of the good points about 2010.  Maybe I should have done that first, oh well.  I think so much of the time, I feel so dreary, it becomes hard for me to remember or even see the good bits, but I am gradually working at changing that.  So I will reflect on the good things about this  year, and have this to look back on instead of the bad things.  : )

One thing I'm really proud of is that I launched DragonfliiMama Designs, and even had a sale!  I have been talking about doing that for years, so even though it is still definitely in baby stages, it's becoming a reality, which is amazing to me. 

I'm also amazed at how much crochet I have done in the past year.  It was in fall of 2009 that I picked up crocheting for the 3rd time and really took off with it - and boy did I take off with it!  I probably ought to sit down and count up how many projects I actually finished in 2010.  I know I have a few projects that didn't get finished, and a few ideas along the way that got discarded for whatever reason, but I really have accomplished a lot.  Funny to think that for all the years when I didn't have a baby complicating my crafting time, I never really managed to do very much.  And now that I do, I have done so much - I think it's safe to say I probably finished more projects in 2010 than in the last 2-3 years before that combined.  At least.  Wow!

And of course, there's G-Unit.  (grumble grumble.  Oh fine, we'll keep the nickname.  *roll eyes*)  He is growing up to be such a sweet little bundle of toddler boy.  LOL.  Looking at him now, it's hard to remember he's the same tiny frail little thing we brought home from the hospital.  He is strong and healthy, and his growth and development are both excellent.  It's scary to think of how many complications or delays he could have given his start in life, and he really doesn't have any.  We definitely have our moments around here, toddlers are not always easy to keep up with or  have patience for.  But I just need to remember to have realistic expectations for his age - he's 1 and a half for goodness sakes!  And that it's a season which he will grow out of all too soon, so I need to enjoy it while it's here.  Before I know it, he'll be on to the next season, growing up, with new challenges and new excitements, and the ones we have today will be gone.  And really, doesn't that apply to all of life?

So what about you?  What did you especially enjoy about 2010?  What are you looking forward to in 2011?

Treasure these moments, the ones now and here,
Cling to them tightly and count them as dear,
In wishing for something else, waste not a one,
Rather, even in sadness, seek out the sun.
A moment is not either good or bad,
It's not in itself either happy or sad,
Instead it is both, and the point to be made,
is what you choose to take with you, and what you let fade,
The greatest of joys, you can choose not to see,
if you're focusing on all your misery,
The greatest offense, you can choose to let go,
making room in your heart for new joys to grow. 
Don't worry about tomorrow, time for that when it comes,
Don't worry about yesterday, it's over and done,
This season of life, this moment, this day,
This is the stuff from which memories are made.
So treasure these moments, the ones now and here,
Cling to them tightly and count them as dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment