Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year’s Eve and Project 52

100_2599
In accordance with my goal of trying to both take more pictures and post more pictures, I’m going to try to do Project 52 – that’s at least 1 photo every week, all year.  I was kind of wanting to try Project 365 – that’s a photo every day! – except that I realized as I went to bed on the 3rd that I had already missed 2 days.  Doh.  So 1 a week it is, and honestly, I think that’ll be enough of a challenge for me anyway.  There are various lists around for themes to follow each week, but I am just going to do my own theme, maybe for the whole  year, maybe for a month and then a new one, or maybe I’ll end up throwing out having a theme at all, but for now I’m just looking for COLOR.
100_2593

 












  100_2591  
And on that note, I thought it would be fun to take you to Ella’s Deli with me.  This is an ice cream parlor near our house, and they also are a (I think kosher) deli.  But neither of those things really describes what Ella’s is.   We were planning on a late dinner New Year’s Eve and wanted to grab a small bite before heading to friends’ houses, but didn’t want to go far out of our way, so we headed to Ella’s.  Poor Gabriel – it’s not the first time he’s been there, but it’s the sort of place where you find something new every time you go, even after years and years, so he ended up being too excited and enthralled by it all to really eat much.
 100_2587
I do have to mention that almost all of these photos are taken from our table, which was all the way at the back of one side of the restaurant.  There’s a whole nother half not even represented here at all, and even the half I was taking pictures of, I only got a very small portion of it.  From the bits I got, you can see how it is just jam packed and the whole place is like that.  I also did not get pictures of the carousel, which is all locked up for the winter, so I’ll just have to go back sometime this summer.  ; )
100_2585  
 100_2596 


The other cool thing about Ella's is that almost everything moves - there's lots of figures going back on forth on tracks (in addition to Mighty Mouse here, there's also Batman and Harry Potter with a Golden Snitch, and tons of others), spinning like these sea horses, there's a series of vacuum tubes with balls running through them, and if you look closely at the picture of the ice cream counter, there's a monkey riding a unicycle on a tight rope.


PS:  I'm sorry about the formatting issues here.  I'm very *grrr* about it, I just can't seem to get the photos to layout the way I want them to.  I'll keep working on it though, I guess if I'm going to be posting lots of photos, I've got opportunity to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment