Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oops



I almost missed posting a photo from last week - well I almost missed taking a photo last week too.  I thought I only managed to get 1, but when I went to get it off my phone, I did discover 2 more that I had forgotten about.  They hardly count though, just quick shots of my mother trying on new glasses.  Sad.  Only 1 photo and it's taken with my phone.  *Shakes head*  I will really have to do better this week.

Still, the photo's not all bad.  Doesn't that pie look just delicious?  It totally was.  Strawberry truffle, mmmm-mm.  *Licks lips*  Jimi and I shared it for dessert after our lunch date on Valentine's Day.  I could have eaten it all myself, though, soooo yummy.  But sharing is nice too.  : )

I did realize at some point last week that I have been somewhat failing on the photo front all along.  I mean, the point of taking so many photographs is kind of to improve your photography skills, something I have made absolutely no attempt at so far.  Doh.  It's true that doing this Project 52 has helped push me to take more photos and to post more regularly, so that's something.  And in my defense, natural light around here is something of a myth, something I used to know about but couldn't begin to guess where to actually find it these days... ok, maybe that's exaggerating a bit, but really, February in Wisconsin is quite gray and dreary and not at all nice for taking bright colorful well-lit pictures.  : P  But regardless, I shall begin to put more effort into taking better photos and not just snapping something at the last minute so I can say I did it.  *blush*

And on the crochet front... well it feels like I've got a million projects on the go, all of them right at that stage where they are close enough to done that all that's left is the fiddly bits and no actual hooking.  : (  That's a little exaggerated, too, I guess.  I've got a few projects done and just needing photos and care labels.  My hook case for my 3R's bag just needs lining sewn in - the lining is cut out, but there is some question as to if we got it sized appropriately and it is frustrating me no end.  The bag itself is agonizingly close to being done and yet feels so far yet - actually, it just needs the straps and flowers and leaves sewn on.  Got one strap sewn on last night and then discovered it was twisted, so I have to cut free one end of it and redo that.  Doh.  And make 2 more flowers and all the leaves.  I'm hoping to get most if not all of that finished up today, certainly by the end of the week.  Won't be 100% this week though, as I don't expect to get the lining in it.  And then on top of all that, I've got 2 jewelry projects I need to be working on, one about halfway done and the other not even started.  And that's just the "priority" stuff - I've got at least 4 or 5 more projects lined up that I'm waiting to start on until most/all of these current ones are finished.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment