Sunday, February 13, 2011

R2 and R3





I do apologize for the awful photo.  I once again left it for the last minute, which meant I was taking it last night, well after dark.  I'm only sharing 1 today despite taking several because they are all just so blech.  But anyway... here is the bag part of my 3R's bag and you can see that R2 and R3 are Ripples and Ridges.  Sorry to keep you waiting so long for this little mini reveal!  I have to say, the concept for the ridges came from an ad in the back of a crochet magazine which was for a pattern book of Bavarian crochet offered by Annie's Attic.  I fell totally in love with the designs and hurried to look up Bavarian crochet online... well, it's basically just a Catherine wheel pattern with back post stitches to give the ridged effect.  To which I said, oh, post stitches, well I can do that, and adapted the idea to this ripple... Um, I think I like the diamond-y pattern it creates on the Catherine wheel better.  I do like this, it's very unique, but... the bag has turned out rather larger than I anticipated (I'm not bad at math, but I still managed to mess it up.  Fixable, but the bag is HUGE) and I am starting to get rather over it at this point.  Ah well.  I am forced to a bit of a break as I've run out of the yellow yarn and the store that carries it is closed on Sundays.  But I'm almost to the end of the 2nd row of yellow, then 1 more round of yellow, 3 rounds of pink, and I'll be ready for Finishing Touches - an edge (how do you edge a ripple?), straps, and lovely little flowers.  Those ought to go quite quickly, I would think, so with some luck, I'll have a full ta-dah!  post next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment